A mainland license, also referred to as an onshore license allows the investors or business owners the opportunity to run their business inside the UAE and internationally without any limitations. The Department of Economic Development (DED) is the regulatory authority for issuing these licenses in the UAE. According to the amended UAE company law in 2021, a mainland company setup in Dubai, United Arab Emirates allows 100% ownership to the foreigners. In certain activities the company should appoint local service agent even though ownership of the company belongs to the foreign investors. The type of business you set up in the UAE will determine whether you need a local service agent. A local service agent, on the other hand, does not maintain shareholding authority and instead acts as the company representative in all administrative dealings with government departments.
Benefits of setting up of Mainland Company in Dubai – UAE
• 100% of foreign ownership is permitted.
• 100% corporate tax exemption are allowed in Limited liability company.
• Mainland company in Dubai, UAE can do business with local companies in UAE.
• Can do business with companies outside the UAE (with respect to rules and regulations in abroad countries)
• Privilege to participate in bids/tenders with local companies and government projects.
• UAE Mainland companies can setup branches all over UAE and abroad
• 100% repatriation of profits are permitted for UAE mainland company.
• Mainland company offers UAE residence visa to the investors and shareholders.
• Eligible to get tax residence certificate in UAE.
• Eligible to open multi -currency bank account in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
At NEX Consultants we take pride in being able to guide investors and companies into making the necessary transition to markets, giving businesses the most important market entry strategies to enable them thrive. NEX Consultant’s team of experts help clients in every aspect, from license acquisition to office space requirements, bank account opening and advise on ongoing compliance procedures. We are poised to assist you to obtain all the benefits of doing business in United Arab Emirates.
The main four types of mainland companies are